Nordic Walking is a fun and social activity that can be enjoyed in town centres or open countryside throughout the year.
Nordic walking is for everyone. With the pole you can share the effort between upper and lower body, so it feels easier than normal walking. Nordic walking puts less strain on the joints and can help improve physical fitness.
Participants must be over the age of 18 years to take part in these sessions.
NORDIC WALKING - SESSION DAYS & LOCATIONS:
Llansteffan Beach Car Park (Tuesday)
WHEN: Session held every Tuesday
WHERE: Llansteffan Beach Car Park
TIME: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
COST: £3.70 / Free for the first eight weeks to Actif 60+ members
Pre-Booking essential via the app.
ACTIF 60+ PROMOTION
If you are 60 years old or older you may be interested in our Actif 60+ initiative that gives you access to all our community based activities, swimming sessions, and gym and fitness classes in our centres for FREE for the first 8 weeks, followed by a 50% discount for the following 8 weeks. Find out more here
HOW TO PRE-BOOK COMMUNITY SESSIONS?
How to book on the app?
For all community-based programme such as walking sport, back on your bike, nordic walking, and more you can also book these easily via our app or online, here's how,
On the app
- Open the app
- Click on the menu button (top right, 3 horizontal lines)
- Select My Clubs
- Check to see if 'Actif Community' is listed there, if not click on the + button (top right)
- Select 'Actif Community' from the list
- The Actif community app screen will now open in front of you and you will be able to see 'Book an Actif Adult Session' and 3 buttons underneath for each of the areas - Ammanford, Carmarthen, and Llanelli.
- Select your preferred area
- You will then be able to see which sessions are running
- Select a session and click BOOK
- If you are not logged in it will prompt you to enter your email address and password before completing the booking.
How to book online?
On the website
- Click on BOOK (top of the page if using a desktop computer, or you'll need to click on the menu button top right which has 3 horizontal lines and you'll see BOOK at the bottom of our screen)
- Enter your email address and password
- For West or Carmarthen and surrounding area sessions, select Carmarthen Leisure centre from the drop-down menu
- For East or Ammanford and surrounding area sessions, select Ammanford Leisure Centre from the drop-down menu
- For South or Llanelli and surrounding area sessions, select Llanelli Leisure Centre from the drop-down menu
- Once you have found your preferred session click BOOK