West Wales Walking for Wellbeing
West Wales Walking for Wellbeing is funded by the Healthy & Active Fund and provides accessible walking opportunities for those living in communities across West Wales. The project aim is to
- Work with GP practices and other centres in local communities to set-up sustainable ‘’walks for well-being’, most of which will be delivered by volunteers.
- Highlight the benefits to both walkers and the health sector of supporting community-based walking schemes
- Demonstrate a sustainable model for social prescribing and walking activity.
- Walking groups will welcome referrals from health professionals for those most likely to benefit from taking part in health walks.
- Demonstrate the value of community-based walking opportunities
For more information get in touch with Adam Hearne, Carmarthenshire Project Coordinator - Westwaleswalkingforwellbeing@gmail.com or 07444 5959812