The National Exercise Referral Scheme (NERS) is a Welsh Government funded scheme. The Scheme target clients aged 16 and over who have, or are at risk of developing a chronic disease giving them access to high quality supervised exercise programme.
The scheme works in partnership with health professionals in Carmarthenshire including GP's, physiotherapists, dieticians, practice nurses and occupational therapists. The health professionals can refer their clients to a variety of programmes which are delivered in our Leisure centres as well as out in the community.
The programmes include;
- GP Referral
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase IV
- Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Falls Prevention
- Exercise after Stroke
- Chair Based Exercise
- Water Based Exercise
The referral scheme lasts 16 weeks and is delivered at Carmarthen, Llanelli, Amman Valley and Newcastle Emlyn Leisure Centres. The scheme is also delivered at selected community venues throughout Carmarthenshire.
What do we do?
- We offer one to one initial assessments
- Support, advice and encouragement though our highly qualified staff throughout the scheme
- Design and guide you through the sessions, highlighting the sessions that will be most suitable for you during the 16 weeks
- Discuss long term goals and direct
How can i join?
In order to join the scheme simply speak to a Health professional - GP, Practice nurse, Physiotherapist. Your health professional will be able to confirm whether you are suitable and meet the NERS criteria.